Tuesday, March 25, 2008

US Nationals & North American Cup Recap

My first year as a full-time biathlete is quickly winding down. The races in Minnesota last week that served as both the US National Championships and North American Championships wrapped up on Saturday with a 15K mass start competition. We had three races in as many days to finish the weekend with 37.5K (about 24 miles) total of racing. I ended the race series with a 4th place in the sprint, 2nd place in the pursuit, & 6th place in the mass start. Equally as exciting, I secured 2nd place on the overall NorAm Cup points list.
Heading out of the range

Catching my breath after the mass start

Sunday I traveled to the Squamish Valley, a short drive from Vancouver, B.C. I'm here with the rest of the Development Team, the National Team, and many junior athletes for the Canadian National Championships on the recently completed 2010 Olympic trails near Whistler. Because we're so close to the coast there is an abundance of snow making for excellent skiing conditions.

The newly completed range

The competitions open tomorrow with a 20K individual race. Friday is a day off and then we race a 10k sprint Saturday and conclude the weekend with a relay race Sunday. These races will be my last of the season before taking a few days to put down the rifle and skis for a little vacation time. More on that though after the races. Check back soon for updates and pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Keri Garrett said...

Hey Zachary! It's Keri, from Phoenix!

Now, I understand that time marches on and people get older, but really, it's a bit disconcerting to see how much you've grown up. You're what...24? 25? Good grief...

I just realized that it's been about 10 years since I last saw y'all. Insanity...

Anyway, I'd love to hear from you and see how your family is doing!

Email me! keri.garrett@gmail.com