Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Last Few Months - Part II

I returned stateside after six weeks in Central America and headed to Alaska for three weeks to spend some time with my family and see Christopher, my younger brother, graduate. It was awesome to train in the mountains and eating momma's home cooking for a few weeks. One thing is for sure - it's hard to beat fresh Alaskan salmon and rhubarb crisp. Wow!

I returned to the East Coast at the end of May to take the first step towards becoming a biathlete. June was a busy month. I spent the first week and a half at a camp in Lake Placid learning the basics of shooting and getting in some solid training hours and then bussed to Hanover to see Sara, my girlfriend, graduate from Dartmouth. A day later I met up with the Dartmouth Cords (www.dartmouth.edu/~cords) in Boston to sing the National Anthem for a Boston Red Sox game. What a cool night.

We got to stand right behind home plate and sing for a crowd of 37,000. If you care to check out a video, head over to YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lcjokn5rh8 . There is a chance that the Cords will sing at a Red Sox playoff game, so keep your eyes peeled if you happen to be watching the Sox.

No comments: